Why should you have a Veteran Hiring and Training Program?
When companies look for a new resource, there are few requirements that are common for all roles and positions; they seek people who are dedicated, respects deadline, committed and loyal towards their service. While job skills can be learnt, the basic qualities of a good employee remains the same. This is one of the many reasons why most companies have a veteran hiring program in their recruitment process.
Let’s take a look at some of reasons that make Veteran Hiring Program rewarding and lucrative.
- Dedication – Veterans are experienced at tackling challenges and handling tough situations with losing sight of their goal. Once they are assigned a task, they do everything they can to finish it successfully on time. People with military background are unlikely to complain about working in harsh conditions and for long hours when working on tight deadline.
- Team player and cooperation – Military personnel know the significance of cooperation – team work, involving all members in decision making process, because even the smallest mistake could lead to big loss. The ability to work in a team is one of the chief requirements of every company to achieve their goals, and nobody other than a veteran can be a right fit.
- Leadership Skills – They possess excellent leadership skills, since they are given huge responsibilities at a young age. So when they move to civilian life, they have by this time absorbed essential leadership qualities viz. integrity, patience, transparency, confidence, inspiration, stoicism, decisiveness etc.
- Work under pressure – People with military background are accustomed to pressure, tough conditions, tight schedule, long and odd work hours etc. which may seem overwhelming to ordinary worker. Tasks that might look stressful and difficult to others may be easy for a veteran. That is the difference one can expect out of a veteran hiring program.
- Broader exposure and Tech-Savvy – A flair to adjust to a new technology is an essential quality companies generally look for in potential employees. In today’s technologically advanced time, veterans gain the upper hand in this area. In military they are constantly exposed to new technology or they are aware of the technological trends. They also carry a unique idea about the world, often with frequent international exposure and increased global awareness.
In addition to the above benefits, there are several rewards provided to companies who include veteran hiring program in their recruitment process like tax breaks.
Infojini values diversity and inclusion and is an EOE/AA/M/F/LGBT/Vets/Disability.